Friday, June 3, 2011

CampingWithZack



I just love this picture of Zack with some of his classmates. All the Second Grade classes went to Henry Coe Park for a camping trip. We left Thursday morning and returned today. In this picture the kids were just waiting for everyone else to show up before we started our 3 mile hike in to camp. They were all so excited and couldn't wait to get started. The view was amazing up there.



The hike was definitely Zack's least favorite time of the whole trip. About half way on the hike he said to me, "next year can I be absent on this day?"...LOL...(he is a 1st grader in a 2nd grade class so he "GET'S" to do this again next year) So once we got there and had lunch he was ready to chill in the tent. I didn't mind at all, I got relax and read my book(which never happens at home).



Also on the agenda was to go to different stations with the Rangers up there. They were so great with the kids and we all learned a lot about Coe Park. In this picture(I know it's hard to see, but that's because I was very scared), the Ranger is holding a tarantula in his hand...CRAZY. Did you know that they have a whole Tarantula Festival thing in October? Don't recommend it!!! Zack of course thought it was AWESOME!



It wouldn't be a true camping trip without some S more's. Zack and I were a little disappointed to find out that we only got 1 each. So when we got home today, we went to the store and bought(you guessed it) marshmallows, crackers, and chocolate. Uncle Brett is here today so we thought we should have a special treat. Like a really needed an excuse :).



After S more's it was off to bed for a not so great night sleep. Zack seemed to sleep pretty good, but told me in the morning he was kind of cold :(. I was warm except for my feet. I remember looking at my phone at 3am and thinking...we still have 3 more hours before we get up...but we survived and enjoyed a yummy breakfast. Then we had the dreaded 3 mile hike back. Zack was really not happy about this, but when it came time to leave he had a great attitude and didn't complain 1 time!!! I was so proud of him.

As much as I was dreading going on the camping trip(I really tried to get Clint to go), I had a great time. I would totally do it again. I think it was just having so much time with Zack that made it so much fun.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

super fun! i've had nights like that...like every xmas eve :)

Christie said...

Sounds Fun!!! Glad you got to go! I would skip the trantula thing myself ;)