Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jeret turns 8!


Turning 8 is such an exciting time. Jeret turned 8 on the 26th and so the cub scouts invited him to join in on their pinewood derby which was the day before his birthday. He was so excited(that's actually an understatement). He and Clint worked on the car together and had so much fun making the car I didn't think it could get any better, until he comes home and shows me his trophy. I wish I could have a picture of his face, it was the best. He ended up getting 2nd place overall. Not bad for your first Derby. By the way, doesn't he look so cute in his new uniform?


On his birthday, he had his friend Daneil over and the watch a movie and played wii and ate tones of pizza, ice cream, and brownies. It was even more special because Grandpa Rog and Grandma Sue showed up. It's not very ofter we get to have Grandparents around for Birthdays. What a great day!


Since Clint had to work on Jeret's birthday, we had a family party on Saturday. We went mini golf and San Jose and Grandpa Rog got to join us. Way fun and we even got in 36 holes before it rained! It was Great even if I average 4 strokes a hole :)

1 comment:

Annette said...

Yay Jeret! Way to go taking 2nd on your first pinewood derby! Those are some awesome trophy's too. Corey turns 8 tomorrow. 8 is such a great age. This post reminded me that I need to go out and buy him his first cub scout uniform for Tuesday's den meeting. I guess he'll have one more thing to open tomorrow. Your grandma sounds like a beautiful woman too. How great that you got to be so close!